1) What do these symbols on our flag stand for?
a) Blue background
The blue background represents the clear skies and seas surrounding NZ.
The stars represent that we live in the south pacific ocean, it also represents that we can see the the southern cross.
c) Union Jack
2) Name the 3 flags of the 3 countries which are combined to make the Union Jack
England, Scotland and Ierland.
3) When did we first use this NZ flag ?
We started using this New Zealand flag in 1902.
4) What flag did we use from 1840 until then?
We had the Union Jack as our national flag from 1840 till 1902.
5) From 1834 to 1840 we used the United Tribes Flag. Insert an image of this flag.
6) Who kept chopping down the flagpole in Kororareka?
The person who chopped down the flagpole in Kororareka was a Maori chief called Te Ruki Kawiti.