Wednesday 29 October 2014

Play writing

Today we had to read a Jack and Jill play. We can choose to write further along from the play or from another nursery rhyme. I have chosen to do Humpty Dumpty.

Humpty Dumpty and his great fall

Cast: Humpty Dumpty and boy

Scene 1

(Humpty Dumpty is sitting alone under a tree and looks at the sky)


Humpty Dumpty: Today is a great, the sun is shining and the birds are singing.

(Humpty Dumpty says to himself. Boy then walks over to Humpty Dumpty)

Boy: Hey Humpty, who are you talking too?

Humpty Dumpty: Just to myself I guess, today is a beautiful day don't you think?

Boy: I guess so, but it's really hot.

Humpty Dumpty: Yeah but I'm under the shade of this tree.

(Humpty Dumpty points to tree)

Boy: Yeah that tree must give you some shelter from the heat, but anyway I thought you might want to go swimming in the river with me and my friends?

Humpty Dumpty: Na, but thank you .

Boy: Well if your sure, but if you change your mind we will be there.

(Boy walks off)

Humpty Dumpty: On the other hand I would enjoy a nice swim.

(Humpty Dumpty tries to get off the wall)

Humpty Dumpty: AHHHHHH!

(Humpty Dumpty had a great fall)

No comments:

Post a Comment