- After the battle she married an english pub owner and changed her name to Jane.
- She was the only woman to fight at gate par.
- She only went to gate par to fight and become a warrior.
- Scared at first about fighting the british but then heard them cheer when the potatoes exploded.
- On the day of the attack rain fell this pleased the Maori.
- The bombs didn't go off because of the rain.
- When the british thought that they had all got killed the Maori did a sneak attack.
- Although a lot of the british solders died they where mostly defeated by shame.
- After the attack Heni heard the solders dying and remembered the pledge that if the British wanted mercy show them mercy. So she got some water.
- She gave three solders water and saved there lives.
- An artist mistaken Heni for a boy.
Saturday, 8 March 2014
Heni Karamu was a woman warrior from the battle of gate par here is ten facts about her and what happened that day: