Thursday 5 June 2014

The science behind a glowstick

What I think happens...
I think when you snap a glow stick that the chemicals inside start working when the stick snaps. This can make the glow stick glow.

What I think now...
That there is a tube inside the glow stick that holds a special chemical that glows when the tube is broken.

What I think now (after seeing miss C break the glass.)...
There is a glass tube inside the glow stick. In the glow stick there is one chemical and in the glass tube there is another.  I believe that when you bend the glow stick you are breaking the glass tube sending the chemical around the glow stick making it glow.

What I think now (after researching.)...
I was right about how there is a glass tube inside on the glow stick. There are two chemicals in the glow stick that when mixed make the glow stick glow.

Synthesis is when your at the start and not knowing much about the topic.  Then you researched more
and now you know more about the topic.


No comments:

Post a Comment